Hi guys! Kamusta? Ako eto, okay naman.. buhay pa naman. Well, it is holiday today and I just finished having a much needed 2-hour body massage. And as I wait for my late merienda (Happy Lemon’s Cocoa with rocksalt and cheese [a fave!] and pizza) I thought it would be nice to write a new entry. I don’t know if you are familiar with ‘Life Lately’ but basically I talk about uhh duh.. my life lately. I will talk about random stuff that I like to share with you guys. Starting off with..
- I just finished FRIENDS (series)!!!
– Three words: I love it. Though it makes me kind of sad that I am done with this classic TV series and I have nothing to look forward to when I get home (aside from hitting the cold sheets!) I remember how I used to force myself to watch the first few episodes because I wasn’t really enthralled by it– at first! Some of my friends who are Friends fans was telling me “Tyatyagain mo talaga yan sa una. Pero maganda promise!” I think it took me 2 months to watch 3 episodes? Hindi ko talaga siya natatapos! But then slowly.. I got hooked! Well, I think it was last month that I started binge watching it every night. Then as some of you may know, I got admitted to hospital last week due to infectious diarrhea, so I took the chance to watch the series all day! I think I finished 2 seasons (S08 & S09) in two days! Well, what would you do if you are confined to bed for days? (whispers “Netfliiiix”) Well anyway, I know there are LOTS of Friends fans here. So who is your favourite character? Mine is.. Chanandler Bong!
Oh, his one-liners never fail to make me laugh– an adept at sarcasm. And Ross of course! I don’t know, I do not really like-LIKE his character but he makes me laugh and I find him really hilarious! David Schwimmer is such a good comedian!
Well, Joey, he’s really charming. And I think it is safe to say that nobody can really resist his cuteness. I mean, even in this lipstick commercial! So adorbs!
These three men are funny without even trying! As for the ladies.. I find it hard to like the three of them at first. Jennifer Aniston is one of my favourite Hollywood actresses so I was really looking forward to knowing how she is as Rachel Green. Okay naman, nakakainis din paminsan-minsan.
I am also a Ross-Rachel shipper so I was constantly waiting for their kilig moments together in every part of the show. Yun ngalang it got to the point na parang ayaw ko nang umasa because things are getting really complicated between them. (Affected ako!) Sometimes I want Ross to be happy with his current partner but then Rachel gets in the way– messing with Ross’ mind. Nakakainis lang. You know sometimes when you are in a “moving on” process; when you finally decide to move forward and let go of this person you used to love.. tapos biglang magpaparamdam ulit sayo? Hindi ba nakakabwisit? Parang girl/dude, I deserve to be happy, please lang huwag ka nang manggulo. Typical “moving on” dilemma; typical Ross and Rachel. Oh well.. ~spoiler alert~ they ended up together din naman sa huli so I am happy!
Well, Phoebe Buffay.. I find her really annoying at first but I ended up accepting her creepily weird character. Well, she has her own quirks which I guess add to the humour. Phoebe Buffay~ Phoebe Buffay~ what were they feeding you? Oh and I love her and Mike (Paul Rudd) together!
Basta, I love all of them! They are all pretty good in their respective roles. I loved the show! And I will probably rewatch it again! I am actually looking for another series to watch. I asked some of my friends and you guys have been giving me suggestions too pero idk I find hard to start a new show. Maybe it’s cause I get bored easily.. I want to watch Dawson’s Creek but it’s not on Netflix! Oh btw, I love both HIMYM and Friends. I won’t be this person saying HIMYM is just a rip-off of Friends. Tse! Both shows are great so stop comparing!
- Doc Gia Sison x Humans of Barangay
– Doc Gia Sison wanted to collaborate with Humans of Barangay! If you are not familiar with Human of Barangay yet, well it is actually just a barangay version of Brandon Stanton’s Humans of New York. If you haven’t heard of Humans of New York, you can look it up. Click here! I started this project a month ago because I wanted to share stories of people I get to meet everyday in the streets. As you all know, I go to different barangays everyday for work (Juan for All, All for Juan) so I get to see and meet different kinds of people from all walks of life every single day. Being inspired by the life stories of our daily Sugod Bahay winners.. I thought “Why not share more stories to people?”. I mean, I feel like I am in the right place and the right person for this project. You know, having this opportunity to visit different places and get along with the public. I have this chance to get to know the people and know their stories. And what better way to recognise the worth of their existence than to share their stories with other people. By doing this, I make sure everybody will learn a lesson from their life experiences and struggles. And with the use of social media, we can easily share information and awareness to others.So going back.. Doc Gia (a doctor and Philippine Leader for Livestrong Foundation) wanted to collaborate with HoB. I have been following her Twitter account (@giasison) for awhile now because she constantly shares her thoughts and gives advices to people about various things– life in general. I have not met her but I love how people look up to her as a doctor and as a person. And just like these people in barangays, there are so many things I have yet to learn about Doc Gia. But at this very moment, I love the fact that she helps those in need in her own ways. Like recently, she started this Failure Journal project:
“The Failure Journal is plain paper journal where you write down your failures and on its opposite your action points to address it. Many of us evade what failed us but little do we know it’s that very same failure that brought us or will bring us towards that success we aim for. You write it, remember it and act on it. It’s like strategically planning your next steps.”
Seems like we all need this journal as we go through our lives! Anyway, she messaged me to say that she wanted the proceeds of her project to go straight to humans of barangay who may need financial and medical assistance. I was in awe, to be honest. I did not think someone would actually go out of their way to support this little project of mine. Thank you very much Doc Gia for this very kind gesture. Rest assured your benefaction will be handed to those in need. If you want to avail Doc Gia’s failure journal you can reach
@trishortizluis on Twitter! If you want to know more about Doc Gia and her advocacies, you can visit her blog here!
- ADN Summer Escapade
– A summer getaway organised by ADN for ADN. Held in a resort in Iba, Zambales just this weekend (May 12-13) It was already planned long ago, if I am not mistaken last year palang yata naplano na nila to. And after finalising the date and all, I blocked the day off my calendar already. Sadly, I did not know Zonrox was coming up with an event and they opted for that day too. So I just decided to follow the next day. I wanted it to be a surprise so I told my team not to tell anyone from the OrgComm that we’re coming.
So after the Zonrox Rampakulay event in Trinoma, we went out for dinner with my team and family. (Mothers Day dinner na din, lol) I got home at around 11 and took some rest before we leave for Iba at 3am. I didn’t sleep na kasi bokot ako magtuloy-tuloy! Baka magfail ang plan. So we were able to leave on time naman, I think we got to the resort around 9am. Nobody was on the conference area and we didn’t know where to find everybody, so we thought about posting a tweet to get their attention. Lolz
After a couple of minutes, we saw people running to the conference area. Nakakatawa makita yung silhouette from the fuzzy glass wall kasi parang may zombie apocalypse. I didn’t actually know how to react when they came inside; I was dumbstruck. Weird, nahiya ako bigla. Anyway, galing pa pala silang dagat! Lol! So.. since the program and the activities were done last Saturday, wala na akong naabutan. Sad naman if I’ll just say hi and goodbye so I thought of doing something entertaining for all of us. Kaya naman may pa-fashion show! We asked all teams to choose someone from their group to be their representative para sa pa-eme kong fashion show. Simple lang naman ang gagawin.. 1. Rampa 2. Aura. Yun lang! Tapos may biglaang papremyo! For the special awards, we have: Best in Rampa, Best in Aura, Best in Swimwuit and Darling of the crowd, lol! Nakakatuwa! While choosing for winners, talagang everybody from my team gave their opinion about each candidate. Tough debiliration! Naisip din naming sad naman if apat lang ang mananalo kaya naman we came up with more titles para lahat masaya. So ayun, in the end lahat naman may title. Bilang biglaan, we weren’t ready for the prizes. 10k worth of gift cert from Powermac ang meron kami at pinagkasya namin c/o Kagawad Mike. (Salamat Kagawad! Makakaasa kang makukuha mo nag boto namin sa susunod na eleksyon!)
A mass was held there too! Sabi sa homily ni Father, let us all spread good vibes! Yung badjao daw naging goodjao! Joker si Father!It was a fun day! I hope everybody had a great time during their 2-day getaway. I didn’t even get to see the beach but it’s fine it wasn’t the reason why we went there in the first place.
– So I was scrolling thru my Twitter feed last night and saw this. It pains me to see this kid like that. Let us help EJ, guys. The family will be opening a bank account tomorrow for donations. I will share the bank info on my Twitter once it’s all set up. Meanwhile, if you personally want to speak with a relative, here’s the phone number of EJ’s mother: Erna Saturinas, 09353661667. Sana matulungan natin siya at sana maayos ang lahat immediately for his operation.A lot of children/people around us are in need of help and assistance. I hope we can all find ways to help those people. If we cannot afford to donate, prayers will suffice. Libre yun, huwag niyo na ipagkait.
Okay so that would be it. Back to work tomorrow for all of us! Tandaan ang homily ni Father.. spread good vibes and positivity! Encourage others to do good as well. Tandaan, God sees EVERYTHING. Kahit saang sulok ka pa magtago o kahit ilang dummy accounts pa ang gamitin mo. He sees what you are doing. It kind of amazes me how some people really manage to do dirt on others knowing that karma will always play its job. Brave people. Ingat ingat din. Anyway, belated happy Mothers Day to all the mommas out there! Saludo kami sainyong lahat. I hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day celebration and a great weekend too!